Newsflash: I am not a perfect 10 in my swimsuit this summer. At this point, it’s all about the coverup. I won’t be artfully disguising the books I’m reading, though! Summer reading can make us all shine. Below is a carefully curated selection of ten white-hot reads for Summer 2014, beginning with my top two picks, spending some time with beach reads and thrillers, and then traveling on to foreign shores. Please visit StyleBlueprint.com for the rest of this post! I’m so happy to have the chance to write today’s guest post for my good friends there. Featured reads for your poolside pleasure are:
- Long Man, by Amy Greene
- The Wife, The Maid, and The Mistress, by Ariel Lawhon
- One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories, by B.J. Novak
- One Plus One, by JoJo Moyes
- Listen to the Squawking Chicken: When Mother Knows Best, What’s A Daughter To Do (A Memoir, Sort-of), by Elaine Lui
- Summer House With Swimming Pool, by Herman Koch
- The Martian, by Andy Weir
- Ghana Must Go, by Taiye Selasi
- Prayers for the Stolen, by Jennifer Clement
- On Such A Full Sea, by Chang-Rae Lee.
What’s on your list for this summer? Please leave a comment at StyleBlueprint or here! I would really be delighted to know!!